Dear Friends and Colleagues,
May you have a very Happy EID with your friends and Family.
May all of us be Blessed with peace and tranquility.
Let us all jointly say a prayer for all troubled persons all over the world
Dr. Fatema Jawad
Journal of Pakistan Medical Association, Karachi
Pakistan Association of Medical Editors
WHO/GOARN Request for technical assistance for Cholera Control in Northern Iraq
Request for assistance
WHO is requesting assistance from GOARN partners to identify the following cholera and diarrhoeal diseases expertise to support the Ministry of Health of Iraq in cholera risk assessment and immediate preparedness activities to improve the health outcomes of the Syrian refugees current living in camps in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
- two (2) epidemiologists
- two (2) clinical management experts
- one (1) environmental health expert (WATSAN)
- one (1)laboratory expert
6 day mission starting 13 June 2014 (this excludes travel time).
Northern Iraq (Kurdistan region).
All candidates must be fluent in English- written, spoken and comprehension. Fluency in Arabic is an asset.
Knowledge, abilities and skills
All candidates are expected to demonstrate the following
- Ability to conceptualize and promote innovative strategies and policies.
- Ability to communicate and write in a clear concise manner, and to develop effective guidelines.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills complemented by ability to motivate and lead others and to promote consensus. Tact, discretion and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability for project appraisal, project management, monitoring and evaluation and project impact assessment.
- Ability to work with host governments and their agents, INGOs and national NGOs an advantage.
- Proven experience of managing a large workload and multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in difficult conditions.
Support to the mission
WHO/GOARN will cover the travel and per diem (to cover daily expense in the field) expenses for the duration of their mission. GOARN missions do NOT offer salary, consultancy fees or any other form of remuneration.
WHO will provide appropriate logistics support for the field mission. Pre-deployment orientation/training may be required at WHO.
Partners offers of assistance
Partners are requested to reply with offers of assistance, together with CVs and details of the availability of staff for this mission by email to email@example.com latest by 30 May 2014. Details of all offers from partners and eventual deployments will be maintained on the GOARN SharePoint.
Mamunur Malik WHO EMRO firstname.lastname@example.org
William Perea WHO HQ email@example.com
Patrick Drury GOARN firstname.lastname@example.org